Sunday, February 16, 2014

Don't let go of your humanity.

I don't view the "Seven Deadly Sins" as sins. I view them as natural elements of being human. Lust, greed, gluttony, wrath, sloth, envy, pride: are these not all observable characteristics of humanity albeit frowned upon? I do not condone them but neither do I condemn them if they are felt. We should not totally or utterly repress them, but merely temper them. Never give in to these things too often or too much but just deal with them as they come.

It's strange, we try to let go of these factors or ignore or forget about them as best we can. Because we fear hurting others or fear social backlash. But these are part of what makes us, us. It's our imperfections that make us human. And I wanna take in both the good and bad of humanity. We aren't gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment